The following is a list of missions and outreach work at Manahawkin United Methodist Church:
- Loads of Love: Every last Thursday of the month, we offer a free coin laundry service to the community. The hours are 6 – 8 P.M. at Magic Wash in Manahawkin.
- Monthly Food Collection: Each month non-perishable foods will be collected to distribute to our local food pantries. Please visit our separate page for Foodbanks and Pantries.
- Appalachian Service Project: in October, 2022, we sent a team of 4 volunteers to help to renovate homes in Virginia.
- The Advance: The Advance is an accountable, designated-giving arm of The United Methodist Church that ensures 100 percent of each gift reaches its intended mission or ministry. You decide which program or ministry to support through The Advance. Donations to The Advance allow for aide in many places around the globe.
- UMCOR: The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is the not-for-profit global humanitarian aid organization of the United Methodist Church. UMCOR is working in more than 80 countries worldwide, including the United States. Our mission, grounded in the teachings of Jesus, is to alleviate human suffering—whether caused by war, conflict or natural disaster, with open hearts and minds to all people.
UMCOR responds to natural or civil disasters that are interruptions of such magnitude that they overwhelm a community’s ability to recover on its own.
- Relay for Life: The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out at the local high school and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Because cancer never sleeps, Relays are overnight events up to 24 hours in length. For over six years, MUMC has sponsored a team. All are invited to participate. Survivors are encouraged to register for the survivor’s dinner event.